View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
guudasitgets
EcoModding Apprentice

Fokus - '12 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 31.68 mpg (US)

Lecksus - '03 Lexus RX300
90 day: 17.61 mpg (US)

Benzzzzz - '11 Mercedes Benz ML-350 4-Matic
90 day: 18.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
That makes no sense whatsoever. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. In 2005 in the US, TDI engines were in 15% of Jettas sold. In Canada the figure was 50%. We love diesels up here, yet I believe we get somewhat colder winters than you do.

Really? well right now at 9:40 am in Nashotah Wisconsin its 12 below zero F(-12F=-23C) In Quebec City it's 3 degrees above zero F. My nieghbors brand new diesel jetta WILL NOT START! What a surprize. I had to take her to the store. I don't think shes gonna be keeping it for too long. The salesman claimed everything you just cited and I guess it didn't help her this morning. Shes pretty ticked. With the mandantory plugging in in the winter, additives in the fuel larger batteries, increased cost of the vehicles, higher fuel prices. The playing field is not equal and I DO know what I'm talking about, or are you saying it is just as easy to start a diesel engine compared to a gas engine with niether of them plugged in and both of them with the same exact blends of fuel they use in the summer at 30 below zero F? I suspect not. Like I said earlier when diesels and or hybrids are priced the same then the masses will change the market.
"The Stone Age did not come to an end because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will not come to an end because we have a lack of oil" ; His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani (Saudi Arabia Oil Minister from 1962 to 1986)

https://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-...ehicleid=10608

Last edited by guudasitgets; 12-21-2008 at 11:03 AM..