View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ptero
Hydrogen Nut

Smart Car ForTwo Pure - '08 Smart Fortwo Pure stripped
90 day: 51.35 mpg (US)

BMW 750iL V12 - '90 BMW V12
90 day: 26.4 mpg (US)

Wildfire 250C - '08 Shandong Pioneer 250C
Most vehicle accidents between two vehicles are are result of those two vehicles traveling in different directions and/or different speeds. If you could eliminate those variables, you could eliminate most accidents. If truckers are going slower than most other traffic, sounds like vehicles accidents will increase also. But, yes, you will save lots of fuel by eliminating (killing) other drivers on the road. Sounds like a well thought out plan.

There are LOTS of car/trucker accidents here in Colorado as a result of cars plowing into the rear of tractor trailers. LOTS and LOTS.
----------------
Kind of a strange argument there, 99metro. I've driven trucks in Colorado so I am somewhat intrigued to learn that some idiot plowing into the back of my rig is not at fault, but that I am. And that I am a killer if some fool drives into my truck. I've always believed that we should execute killers to protect society but this puts a new twist on things. Does this logic apply to rocks and trees as well?

So enlighten me as to how I can make my fully-laden truck go faster on those mountain roads. You want me to keep up with skiers? I'm all ears. I can't imagine anything more exciting than going 80 on snow-covered mountain roads racing a bunch of skiers in a supertanker full of gasoline!

My suggestion is to pay attention to traffic and pass slower vehicles on the left. The sudden death penalty sometimes applies to those who don't.

By the way, the safest place on the road is just ahead of the braking distance of a big rig manned by a professional driver.