View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Hello -

He just closed his practice :

dralanbittner.com
Quote:
Closure of Beverly Hills Liposculpture

Dear Patients:

It has been a sincere pleasure to take care of you and I want to share the news with you that Beverly Hills Liposculpture will be closing. My staff will continue to see patients until December 23, 2008. I am writing this letter to ensure that you are able to take steps to receive good medical care from other physicians in the future. Please note that my practice is not being taken over by another physician. You will need to find a new office and a new doctor. I recommend The Los Angeles County Medical Association for a list of physicians.

It seems he's under investigation, so he left the country :

Probe into cosmetic surgeon who 'powered his 4x4 with his patients' excess flab' | Mail Online
Quote:
If you're keen to establish your green credentials you can install solar panels or stick a wind turbine on your roof.

Or you could become a patient of Dr Alan Bittner.

The leading Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon claims to be saving the planet by using fat removed from clients in liposuction operations to power his 4x4 car.
Dr Alan Bittner

Dr Alan Bittner says he turned fat sucked out of patients in liposuction operations into biodiesel - or 'lipodiesel' - for his 4x4 vehicle

According to Dr Bittner, his patients are more than happy to be involved in the extraordinary eco-friendly scheme.

'The vast majority of my patients request that I use their fat for fuel - and I have more fat than I can use,' he declared.

'Not only do they get to lose their love handles or chubby belly, but they get to take part in saving the Earth.' U.S. authorities are less impressed and have launched an inquiry into his claims that he is converting the waste fat into bio-diesel - or 'lipodiesel' as he calls it.

Dr Bittner posted his claims on a website lipodiesel.com, which has since been taken down following the sudden closure of his clinic on Rodeo Drive.

He is believed to have moved to South America after several patients filed a lawsuit against his practice for allegedly allowing his unlicensed girlfriend to carry out operations. U.S. business magazine Forbes reported that Dr Bittner used the 'lipofuel' to power both his Ford Explorer and his girlfriend's Lincoln Navigator.

Bio-diesel is commonly made from vegetable oils, although half of the U.S. supply comes from beef or pig products.

Animal and vegetable fat contains triglycerides that can be extracted and turned into diesel.

Lawyer Andrew Besser, who represents three patients, claims the assistant and girlfriend removed too much fat from clients and left them disfigured. Dozens of other patients have complained to the state medical board, according to Mr Besser. On his official clinic website Dr Bittner claims he offers patients a more advanced form of liposuction called liposculpture.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society