View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts

Christmas day,I awoke to a broken PVC water line,courtesy of an interloping possum.The geyser of water must have freaked it out,as I found it trapped inside a trashcan,unable to escape.I don't know who felt the worse.I released the critter unharmed,and within an hour,had the H2O back on.------------------------

My first goal will be a garage door for the shop to control animal traffic.The shop is unheated,but with solar gain from south windows and thermal mass,and the insulation I've installed so far,temps have not gone below 39 degrees F in spite of outdoor temps in the teens.I've seen temps as high as 86-degrees out there this winter so far.---------------------

The house has been solar- heated only for 5 years now,so no potential for additional savings there.--------------------

I've selected another fiberglass boat hull and it's trailer to reconfigure into the full-boattail,gap-filled,trailer for the T-100 to see if I can push the range beyond 776-miles .-----------------------------

The Honda Shadow is one carburetor diaphram away from running on two cylinders.Perhaps by Spring, I can have it ready for inspection,title transfer,registration and license to begin base-line data for mini-hypercar------------------------

I also scored a Honda Trail 90 with dual-range transmission,with thoughts of Doug Malewicki's(SP?) California Commuter ( 155-mpg ).-------------------------

The shop is pretty well outfitted with equipment now and I shouldn't have to out-source any part of the projects. My recent "jobs" have been outdoors,and shut down do to much foul weather,so I've endeavored to get as much data as I can onto ecomodder when I can't otherwise work.--------------------------

I made 90 no- drive days for 2008,I'll see what I can do for '09.------------------------------

My best friend's little Toyota pickup is getting 31.6-mpg on the open road with a cab roof-level bed box.I worked at a marina,free for a week a year ago,in trade for an additional fiberglass speed boat,I have dedicated for use in making her an aeroshell,to see if we can beat 31.6.-------------------------

If I get all that done,it will be a good year.We'll see.