Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
Just call it a "wish list" -then no one will make fun of you if you don't do it.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian's Disciple

City - '04 Honda City iDSI EXi
90 day: 47.47 mpg (US)
500 miles / tank as soon as I can achieve

My resolution for 2009 is to break into the 500 miles club with my tank standard fill volume of 9.25 gallons, and never slip back to less-than-500-miles on each tank thereafter.

Sounds tall for someone used to 35 mpg, and had my last tank up to 42 mpg using some techniques picked up from this forum. But what the heck, let me at least have a swipe at something non-trivial...
Old 01-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts

Christmas day,I awoke to a broken PVC water line,courtesy of an interloping possum.The geyser of water must have freaked it out,as I found it trapped inside a trashcan,unable to escape.I don't know who felt the worse.I released the critter unharmed,and within an hour,had the H2O back on.------------------------

My first goal will be a garage door for the shop to control animal traffic.The shop is unheated,but with solar gain from south windows and thermal mass,and the insulation I've installed so far,temps have not gone below 39 degrees F in spite of outdoor temps in the teens.I've seen temps as high as 86-degrees out there this winter so far.---------------------

The house has been solar- heated only for 5 years now,so no potential for additional savings there.--------------------

I've selected another fiberglass boat hull and it's trailer to reconfigure into the full-boattail,gap-filled,trailer for the T-100 to see if I can push the range beyond 776-miles .-----------------------------

The Honda Shadow is one carburetor diaphram away from running on two cylinders.Perhaps by Spring, I can have it ready for inspection,title transfer,registration and license to begin base-line data for mini-hypercar------------------------

I also scored a Honda Trail 90 with dual-range transmission,with thoughts of Doug Malewicki's(SP?) California Commuter ( 155-mpg ).-------------------------

The shop is pretty well outfitted with equipment now and I shouldn't have to out-source any part of the projects. My recent "jobs" have been outdoors,and shut down do to much foul weather,so I've endeavored to get as much data as I can onto ecomodder when I can't otherwise work.--------------------------

I made 90 no- drive days for 2008,I'll see what I can do for '09.------------------------------

My best friend's little Toyota pickup is getting 31.6-mpg on the open road with a cab roof-level bed box.I worked at a marina,free for a week a year ago,in trade for an additional fiberglass speed boat,I have dedicated for use in making her an aeroshell,to see if we can beat 31.6.-------------------------

If I get all that done,it will be a good year.We'll see.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I'd like to build an electric 3 wheeler that can cruise at 80km/hr for up to 100km, weighing less than 220kg.

A 2 seater than can carry 2x 3m long surfboards inside, made of polystyrene and epoxy on an alloy subframe.

Either that or I will delete the passenger mirror and aerial.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Puerto Rican Hypermiler

Toyota Echo - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 41.71 mpg (US)
My 2009 Ecomodding resolutions are:

1) Rear wheel skirts for better aerodynamics

2) Smooth wheel covers

3) Partial belly pan in the front (have to leave space for ventilation) from front bumper to front drive shaft axle

4) Full belly pan rear (except under muffler) from rear control arms to rear bumper

5) Reduce unnecessary weight

6) Kill Switch with auto re-start upon clutch been pressed down

7) Partially hybridize my car, with a GM's Chevrolet Malibu or Saturn Aura, Hybrid Belt Alternator/Starter (BAS) for a mild hybrid configuration

I already have done:

1) Disconnected DRL's for less amp draw

2) Installed ScanGauge II

3) Installed Audiovox Cruise Contol CCS-100

4) Modified CC to MPG sensitive logic for (DWL)

5) Changed Oil viscosity to 10W-30

6) Installed a vacuum gauge

7) Increased tire pressure to 40 PSI

8) Installed ignition kill switch for EOC

Last edited by jomelmaldonado; 04-14-2009 at 02:08 AM..
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Kayak hauler - '05 Mitsubishi Lancer ES
90 day: 33.88 mpg (US)
My 2009 Ecomodding resolution/wish list:

1) Install a permanent upper and lower grill block with controlled radiator vents - Will be starting on the upper grill block in two weeks. Lower will be a prob to determine proper angle and dimensions to achieve best results.

2) Install bolt on CAI that is sitting in my garage - Done and sprayed injector cleaner to fix the throttle sticking closed.

3) Install full body undertray out of aluminum.

4) Deflect air flow away from windshield wipers.

5) Design and build kamback from roof to back edge of trunk that matches proper teardrop slope.

6) Rear wheel skirts.

7) Front dome hubcaps - Will be buying soon since I had a stock one fall off.

All of this is in an attempt to reach 45 mpg normal and 35 mpg with kayaks before June 14 when East Race Whitewater park opens. After installing the CAI, I had a tank at 34 mpg but only had the kayaks on for 1/3rd of the mileage. Tomorrow will be a two tank kayak trip to Kentucky and this year's base mileage for kayak trips.

Reply  Post New Thread