View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco View Post
so does the vibe 2.4 get the 5 speed auto out of the camry or the 4 speed out of the TC ?
Yup -- it has the 5-speed auto with a manu-matic shift gate (gear hold or downshift only). I didn't realize what was under the hood until I checked later in the trip. It sounded and shifted like the Camry, but it just wasn't labeled anywhere.

The revs are much lower at highway speeds, which requires a bit of TC unlock on hills (unlike the 4-speed). I need to document the rpm vs. speed tomorrow on the drive south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Hi,

I think you meant to say it has 50 cubic feet of storage?
Nope, it's as big as a living room room back there!

I guess it helps to have a proofreader. But you get what you pay for

Trik- It's a lot taller than the Corolla, and sacrifices mileage as a result. It's root marketing still applies: to give the driver a taller seating position and make it feel "unwagonlike". On the plus side, it has some great cargo capacity for a 5-door.

Good point with the VVTi -- too bad I can't pull the batt cable -- no radio code. I could try the On-Star, but that probably wouldn't work well as a renter.

"Well sir, how did the battery go dead?"

"Ummm... I Left the Lights on?"

"They automatically shut off, interesting".

"I mean, I must have left the key on -- my bad (nervous laugh)"

By the time I turn it in, it should have a couple tanks down. I've noticed that the transmission is hesitant to upshift with throttle lift -- it likes to hold the gear. Probably more fuzzy logic in the transmission ECU.

More details on the next episode.

-Rick

_
_