View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #469 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
10-14-2007, 07:08 Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Add the batts!
Well I talked about it to Ivan: we've agreed I'll watch for a 72v controller. It'll likely take a while for another cheap one to turn up, and now I'm really kicking myself for not buying that $200ish one last week. In the mean time we'll also look into doing up some kind of controller bypass. If we're really lucky, that might just be enough of an improvement to be able to sometimes drive on the grown-up streets.

Ivan had the car this weekend. Said he drove around grinning the whole time - the EV grin!

And, not unexpected by anyone, he experienced its practical limitations. The main roads are too much for the FS due to hills, traffic (speed/density), or both. This forced him to take his ICE car on one trip to his little brother's house because there's no side-street alternative.

---

In other news, I bought another Curtis 36/48 225A on eBay - got a good deal. While shopping for the FS, I got familiar with what people are paying for these, so I actually bought it just to resell and make a couple of bucks. But when I told Ivan about it, he said he wants to buy it off me to make an electric motorcycle. He's a bit of a bike nut - owned a bunch, currently has an old Triumph Bonneville & a Suzuki SV1000. He's got a non-running Yamaha RD350 donor in his shed that he wants to convert.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget