View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
that door lock actuator is just what i've been looking for... i've been messing with a motor an pulleys, but i can't get it reliable enough.

i think i'll stick with the fan trigger though. i've noticed about 90% of the time i can get away with a full block, but sometimes in summer if i happen to get stuck intraffic, things get to hot and the fan will come on, even without a block... the fan will stay on untill i get moveing again, so while the block will have the fan come on sooner i don't think it'll cause a lot of "flapping", especially since the fan already has a cutoff delay build in i'd imagine.

nothing but respect for people who will attempt something more sophisticated, but i don't think in practice it will add any benefit... i wouldn't like to build an overly complex system that doesn't do anything most of the time.

does anyone know what the wires on the door lock do? i think i'm going to get one that looks rather similar, what are the wires? is that ground and a 12v line for on/off or are their two temporary imputs of on/off?

*i can coast for miles and miles and miles*