View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fab Man
EcoModding Lurker

Eco 3 - '95 Ford Aspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I think hybrids do have their place, in certain operating environments, and so not all hybrid owners are "morons". That said, I think a lot of people jumped on the hybrid bandwagon without really thinking about it (as people generally do) and they would have been better off with an economical non-hybrid.
Frank Lee, I would like to make a correctional statement...when I used the word "moron", I was speaking about those who purchased a hybrid without doing their homework...I was not pointing the finger at every single hybrid owner who owns one...but at the same time if a manufacture built a car and no one bought that model, it would not be sold the following year...I believe that repeated advertising is part of the problem that attracted so many hybrid buyers to purchase without all the facts...when a hybrid is advertised, they talk about the good of the car and that's it, they talk about all those fancy gizmoes that you really don't need that just add more weight to the car...I am also sure that they could build a much lighter version if they wanted too...since the gas prices started to hit $5 bucks a gallon, almost every car maker jumped on the hybrid band wagon...and yet, just to enter the hybrid market you will need $25k+...I could buy a fully loaded Passat with a TDI that will get better mileage then the hybrid car and it doesn't have batteries.

I will also point out that GM will never reintroduce the EV1 for the sake of embarrassing shame...that was a really good advanced car for its time...I think they should build another EV cuz they did it once, they could do it again.