View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
It sounds like something is amiss. Do you have any data for the RR of the new tires? Have you given it the ol' Seafoam treatment lately?

Put ya some straight-thru dual pipes on 'er. That'll do ya up nice, don't ya know.

Knowing your vehicle expertise, I expect that the engine is in good tune. On that transmission, can you force-shift into 2nd? I used to drive E-350s with the same tranny (7.3L IDI -- among 4 or 5 models in the fleet, they all shifted pretty hard and had odd TC lockup behavior -- around the 2-3 shift point).

Regarding the Oxy Sensors, they should last beyond 100K, but the age might be a factor. The output might need a quick scan from the multimeter.

Last inquiry -- do they require emissions testing there? If so, that might be a window into what's going on.

-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
'94 F150 4WD super cab short box 5.0 V8 EFI, E4OD a/t
'06 Silverado 4.8 V8 4sp a/t No mention of cyl deactivation.

They could be quite similar. Fuelecon.gov shows 14/15/18 for the Chev and 12/14/17 Ford.

Yes it has been bitter (waaaay below zero) cold lately. But I haven't used it much lately either. Yoosta figger 18 mpg average when it was a newer truck. Maybe at 108M it's time to replace O2.

_
_