View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
I noticed that I get more hair in places where I wear less clothing. For example, there is a lot more hair above the top of my socks than below. The body seems to know when it is a good idea to make more insulation. If we tried to live without clothing, we would probably get a lot hairier.
I've noticed that during the colder months I start having bald patches on the outerside of my calves and on my thighs. That's not because those places are so much warmer in long pants, it's because those long jeans keep rubbing those places when I walk. And I like to walk a lot, even if I can take a bus. By midsummer those patches are hairy again.
Quote:
Unfortunately, we have laws restricting our freedom in that area but some other places are much more restrictive. In New York I remember hearing that it was decided that women would be allowed to go shirtless because it would be sex discrimination to require women to have different clothing from men.
Requiring both sexes (and the rest) to have shirts is the common way to avoid discrimination.
Quote:
To me it seems strange that many women spend so much time and money trying to modify their bodies by shaving and putting on makeup. Many of them have acceptable bodies without modifications.
I couldn't agree more. Most people are beautiful as they are, but a lot of them don't seem to know/accept it. For me makeup is a waste of time/money/resources.

Back to the poll: I don't shave my legs, as I've never had a need to. I swim and bike a lot, but not at a competetive level. Plus the time I'd waste shaving I'd rather spend biking or running with the dog. I do shave my armpits though.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread