View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #824 (permalink)
rmccomiskie
EcoModding Lurker

Ziggy - '95 Audi S6 Sedan

Manfred - '97 Audi A6 Quattro Sedan
90 day: 20.61 mpg (US)

Clarabell - '03 Audi A4 Quattro Avant

Sherman - '98 Audi A6 Quattro Avant

Cab - '96 Audi Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Ok, please do try the injector tap, but you might have to undo the FALLING/RISING change, i.e. just use the standard codebase.

I think your pictures might be upside down? (based solely on the above comment).
I'm running this code:

Code:
//  attachInterrupt(0, processInjOpen, FALLING);      //for positive going signal
//  attachInterrupt(1, processInjClosed, RISING);
  attachInterrupt(0, processInjOpen, RISING);      //for negative going signal
  attachInterrupt(1, processInjClosed, FALLING);
The signals are all relative to chassis ground so they should be right side up. I thought it odd that your original code was FALLING/RISING but I just reversed them and it works. I'll rig an injector tap this weekend and see how it behaves.

Quote:
whoa, i just looked into that soundcard oscillicope, and that seems to be something very useful to me. one thing i couldnt find from some glancing around on google, its what is the max safe voltage to use? im paranoid about frying my laptop or my audigy sound card.
I've found that a max of 1.0-1.5V is safe. Since my car runs about 14V, when I use the 100K/10K resistors, the max voltage I'd expect at the sound card input is 1.27V. I've never had a problem with this setup.

If you're really paranoid, you could build this Buffer Hardware for xoscope to buffer the input and allow adjustability. I've got the parts. One of these days, in my free time, I'll get around to it.