View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 04:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
it's not a performance mod, but rather a study aimed at making a practical single seat commuter vehicle that's adaptable for carrying more passengers when needed, with a slight compromise to low drag
the idea comes from the observation that a lot of vehicles are driven by a single person most of the time but that the ability to carry more people or cargo is wanted too. i think the occasional ability to carry big things is one of the things that shouldn't be forgotten in car design... a lot of people expect this from a car and since i've recently moved to a new house i certainly gained a huge respect for the fastback-hatch design of my car... the ability to transform it into a wagon in seconds is a huge plus...tall stuff sits in the front the the lower height in the back is not much of an issue. so for this reason i don't really believe cars will ever transform in these enclosed motorbike single seaters....

the modular concept is imho a very good studdie... especially if you thing about all these metal roofed convertibles we've seen lately... this is not as impossible as it may seem at first