View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
NachtRitter
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Hmmm... well, a surprisingly poor tank this last time... only 44.0mpg. I expected I'd get better than that after switching over to the Fed ECU on the VX. Not sure what caused the drop; there are a couple of possibilities:
  • The installation of the Fed ECU either caused or exposed a problem which results in a very high idle cold and a higher than normal idle at warm temps.
  • The weather absolutely sucked this last tank, with rain, snow, and very cold temps nearly every day I drove.
I will probably look at swapping the Cali ECU back in this coming weekend (without swapping the LAF sensor) to see if I can narrow down the high idle problem. This should be OK to do as I had read that some (all?) of the '92 Cali Civic VXs already had the 5-wire wide band L1H1 O2 sensor along with the Cali ECU... In theory, the '94 with 5-wire sensor and Cali ECU should work the same as a '92 with 5-wire sensor and Cali ECU.

Haven't had a chance to get the parts needed for the OBD1 to OBD1 jumper cable yet... Possibly might do that this weekend too.