View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #411 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I currently use external ground and 5v as the voltage references for 0 and 1023 (10 bit). I have never tried using the internal 2.56v. Instead of using the HASS Vref, I was planning on doing several samples of Vout from the current sensor when the controller gets turned on, when the current is guaranteed to be 0, and average those Vouts to get a practical Vref. That's what Fran usually does with his controllers that use the LEM current sensors. He said it has worked really well for him.

I ordered some of the Through Hole MLCC caps for noise filtering, and that inductor. I already have some 0805 MLCC's, but in the spirit of keeping this open source, it's probably easier for the general population to solder capacitors that have leads rather than super tiny surface mount components.

I also made a schematic for the hardware current shutdown only. I'll fake the signal from the current sensor, and make sure the output is what it should be. Then I'll do a throttle test circuit, since it's completely new. Simple, but new. Then, I'll add in the temperature, current sensing, and everything with the mosfet driver. Then I'll try it with a single big mosfet/diode pair. Then I'll try it with maybe 4 or something like Motor_Control suggests. That would be a nice round number to be able to drive around with. I'll have 31 mosfets to work with. Then I'll drive around the town with a 144v 400amp controller running at 72v.

Motor_Control, I really appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you!