View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giff View Post
Hey guys, I'm with TopGear.com America and we're working on a project vehicle I think you'll all find interesting. We used resources on this (and other fuel economy-focused sites) in researching and planning the project, and will continue to do so, so it's only fair that we show what we're up to, right?

The details are still under wraps, but everything will be revealed soon (tomorrow, actually). Feel free to speculate... and there will be opportunities for you all to put in your $0.02. We'll come back and keep you guys updated and (hopefully) entertained.

Check it out here;
Watch Where's Our Nobel? - A Top Gear Car Video - Top Gear US
First, let me say that I really enjoy the show.

I find it strange though that you guys are going to buy a car in New York, drive it all the way up to Canada, and then across the U.S. to California.

Why not just buy the car in California, have it converted there, and then have it aero-tuned while you are still there in California ?

No matter which type of green that you are trying to save, doing it without the theatrics would seem to make more sense to me.

Just think of the amount of money / ozone layer / time ( and hassle ) saved by doing it all at one location.

You guys could use the money you save on explosives for the next show