View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnClark View Post
After a little further study of this case I figured out what happened. This wasn't a trial regarding the injunction like I thought. It was a trial on the charges leveled by the FTC. Dennis Lee chose to assert his right to a speedy trial (some thing that is unheard of in FTC cases) and caught them with their pants down. There is no doubt that the FTC is looking for an avenue for appeal.

Fortunately for the FTC the scammers reverted back to their old ways and started selling this crap again in the exact same way. This means that if the FTC looses its appeal and can't press charges for previous violations due to double jeopardy, they can press new charges based on the new violations since the trial. Sort of like if some one beats a murder rap and then goes out and kills again.

I personally can't say one way or the other as far as the HAFC system...but your assumption of "scammer" might be off the mark though?

mpg Research • View topic - HAFC & FORD

"As for getting the Dutchman system to work, here are a few numbers for you. Out of every 100 kits Dutchman sells (and kit number 10,000 was shipped just last week), about 20% of them get the mileage results. You may exclaim that 20% totally sucks, and you'd be right. But let me toss another number at you. Of the kits that have been installed by trained installers, over 70% are getting at least the requisite 50% increase in mileage. Dutchman has realized that without the proper training, it is almost impossible to get the results from the kit, or anybody else's product for that matter. Entirely too many of the kits are being installed by the customers themselves, or their untrained mechanics. We are moving rapidly to change that scenario to involving trained mechanics in the installation more and more."

Once they get some more bugs worked out and when I have a decent car...I might go with one...but I'd install it and let someone else tune it. I would try to find out which vehicles they have the most success with and buy one of them....and start out right with it.

*note....not an advert...just interested in the subject...your results may vary