View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Making money, and being morally correct.

Recently, I've gotten into the world of making money by buying broken cars, fixing, and selling them. I don't get into body work or total loss situations at all, I only buy the ones that I can fix very quickly or easily, and will pass inspections with no problems when I'm done.

I don't buy anything older than '95, except specific vehicles, and if I have requests for something.

There is a question in this... just wait for it.

I just bought this tool tonite (about 5 mins before posting this) to help me in diagnosing problems that might be a cheaper fix than replacing engines and such, which is what I normally do if there is engine damage, etc. (Replace it rather than repair it, it's usually cheaper and faster than diagnosing and fixing.) *I DID NOT pay $600 for the kit... it was closer to the price of a SG2 for me.*

Now - that leads into a question:

Would I be morally out-of-bounds to make small FE improvements to the vehicles and sell them without saying anything about it?

What types of mods could I make that wouldn't REQUIRE that the driver know about it?

There have to be things that could be done to make sure that they're going to get better gas mileage with the vehicle... but every time I've touted gas mileage of something, people tend to delve into the "that's impossible" range of thought. They want to discuss how something doesn't work, and refuse to understand how it does.

I want to as much as I can to help the FE situation for as many people as I can, but is it morally correct to make said modifications without letting anyone know?