View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian
Hypermiler

PaleCivic (retired) - '96 Honda Civic DX Sedan
90 day: 69.2 mpg (US)

PaleFit - '09 Honda Fit Sport
Team Honda
Wagons
90 day: 44.06 mpg (US)
For reference, here's my mod thread: Aero mods - new grill block and wheel covers - CleanMPG Forums

I'm honored / flattered that you liked my approach. I copied it from someone else, but I can't remember who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawilkes View Post
I don't know if this will work for you but I set my SGII up for a hybrid and it does keep track of mpg while your engine is off as long as you flick the key back to the on position.
Exactly what I do. It records everything except the 1/2 second while the key is off.

This aero mod will likely make a bigger difference on highway driving than city. Most of my driving is at city speeds rather than highway speeds.

Highway driving is tough in these cars. Especially so with your EX. The gear ratios are killer! Mine are bad, but yours are worse. I do pulse-and-glide on the highway. I aim for about 40-55 mph on flat ground or 45-60 mph if it's hilly. There's just not enough grunt to really handle some of these hills at 40. Of course, with your EX, adjust down by about 5 mph to get the same rpm.

Here's a distant shot of mine:

11-mile commute: 100 mpg - - - Tank: 90.2 mpg / 1191 miles