View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #466 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Paul, I actually think your home-built crimper is probably better than the yellow handled one anyways. Lots of guys do exactly what you did.

For future reference, you don't have to chop the other wire on the Anderson connector.

If you look inside at the conductor part - where tab a and slot b actually touch, you can see there is a little clip that holds the conductor in there. You can stick a screwdriver in, hold that clip down, and pull the whole cable straight out.

It makes more sense if somebody just shows you.

You can also make a super-duper battery "key" from an Anderson connector by running BOTH cables from one connector to your batteries. Then, make the other cable loop to itself, so that the power goes in side A through the other half of the connector, and goes through the second cable in Side A.

Then, you just pull the whole B side off to disconnect. Take it with you, and nobody can drive the car! I think that it could potentially disconnect a higher amperage that way too because you are disconnecting at 2 points simultaneously. (Not positive on that one, but I think it works that way.)

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos