View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #91 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
Tried every combination of wiring and found the best setup.

The wiring listed on the Kelly website pulls 3.9A@36V no load and the motor growls a bit like it has a bad hall sensor. With the wiring listed like I have shown it pulls 3.5A@36V and is really quiet and smooth.

I put the chain back on and reconnected the 72V to it and turned it on and the car promptly started rolling forward and ran into my bike before I got the key turned back off

Didn't hurt anything but the fact that it actually rolled without help I thought was pretty good. Before I had to help get it started before it would go and it was not able to hold speed without helping or going downhill. It seems much stronger now. It is still a pretty slow takeoff but at least it looks like it will actually be able to drive around on electric only. I will find out soon how it does. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time to put it together good enough to take it out for a spin and get a video of it. If not it will probably be Wed or so before I can get back to it. Spring break is almost over