View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bennett_Racing
Novice but learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
I am watching this with interest as I feel that aerodynamic changes can give you the improvement in times you are looking for in a field where everyone just tries to increase horsepower.

My only question is, would an undertray be safe on a vehicle that already does wheelies? That aspect seems to present a problem IMO.

- more surface area to cause drag while in the wheelie, which will strain those wheelie bars even more, thus actually slowing you down. But I will other those that know break that down better.

BTW, without altering the wheelbase can you change the shape of the cab. Imagine a dragster with a boat tail ...
Very good question, only thing I can say is that we will be trying to contain and 'tune' the wheelie bars this year to reduce the height of the wheelies.

While a 12 inch wheelie looks good, going up means your not going forward...

An inch is plenty...but the point it def to do a small wheelie as it transfers ALL the cars weight over the rear slicks which aids in traction.

As for the boat tail, could you post a simple drawing please? We made the body and added the arches and also the part for the parachutes to go onto, as any lower its just dead air.

We can make and fabricate anything so any ideas are very welcome.

Thanks