View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deezler
Master EcoModder

Bio Deezler (sold) - '03 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
90 day: 50.78 mpg (US)

The Beast. - '03 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
90 day: 12.86 mpg (US)
Carlos,

I'm curious how they will work out for you - please document the install for us accordingly!

Ok, so I know bumping your own thread is kind of lame, but whatever. I settled on these wheels. Pretty cheap, but hopefully they will last.

Nexo NT-05, 16x7 et40 5x100, 18lbs, $82/wheel (!)

Perhaps the best feature of these wheels is that they are actually in stock. It's been a brain busting experience trying to find wheels that meet my strict criteria and are actually available for purchase.

Couldn't resist another gimp trial

Real pics to come upon mounting. Mileage comparison results will be next to impossible to determine, since I haven't run the old 17's since October 2008 and theres just way too many variables going on with my car right now. Seems like every tank fill up I have a new batch of changes to the engine, aero, wheels, weather, etc. I suppose it would help if I ran shorter fill intervals though. 650+ miles per tank spaces them out quite a bit.

You know this gimp experience has me thinking a bit. On some other forums, like vwvortex.com, they have dedicated threads for people requesting photoshopped changes made to their car (what would it look like with new wheels, body kits, etc).
It would be cool if we had the same thing here, to visualize aero mods, etc.