View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

Emulsion

Hi guys, I had researched this about two years ago. There are a few Emulsion formulas and I've tried about three that didn't work straight from the patents. The one that seemed to work was from a Dan Gunnerson. He worked or still works for CAT. Yet I found their patent. It took me awhile and found pat #5,873,916 to be the one from Caterpillar. However Gunnerson is not on that patent. It was designed for Diesel primarily due to the countless law suits Caterpillar was involved with in related to the exhaust health problems by operators, the patent is from late 1999. I saw a video promotion by CAT that showed a front end loader under load and zero suit coming from the exhaust. They had a 50% mixture in the video. The formula I used was from him and worked till I could no longer get two of the chemicals. After about two weeks though the fuel and water started to separate and formed a white film (presumably dissociated water and hydrocarbon substrates) on the top. The CAT patent is circuitry utilizing pressure and not chemicals. That's about what I know of it. I have tested dissociated water and methanol from heat at different points to develop a phase change and have had decent gains in mileage and moderately in power. Metering isn't all that difficult. We've tested accurately utilizing a rear wheel dyno. Through disassociation you utilize far less water/methanol. I could average 230+ miles with a 360V8 Dodge to one gallon of water/methanol at stable driving at 2,200 rpm +-. The pix below was from the day we tested. It also allowed for a more stable A/F ratio from the never stable AFB Carb utilized. Thus adding to mileage gains.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynododge.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	3102  

Last edited by naturalextraction; 03-30-2009 at 02:01 AM..