View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Deezler -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezler View Post

6.90 kg = 15.2 lbs. I'll weigh these sucker tomorrow at work to find out for sure. Really don't understand why wheel retailers won't tell you the weight though...

I am curious. I think the VIA is a load rating :

VIA Registration of Aluminum Wheel
Quote:
Q1:What do the JWL marks denote? What does the VIA mark mean? A1: We will provide descriptions and the background of each mark and its related organization.
(1) The JWL mark
The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport established the performance criteria of light alloy wheels. There are standards “Technical standards for Light Alloy Disc Wheels for Passenger Cars” and “Technical standards for Light Alloy Disc Wheels for Trucks and Buses,” and products that have passed these standards should have JWL (for passenger cars) and NWL-T (for tracks and buses) engraved on them. They are voluntarily certified.
Incidentally JWL comes from “Japan Light Alloy Wheel”. (2) VIA mark
As a light alloy wheel is very important in car safety and its quality can affect human lives, any organization that manufactures and sells light alloy wheels or testing organizations that check aftermarket wheels need to be in accordance with the technical standards approved by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, and have registered them. This is known as VIA registration.
Registration is performed by the Japan Light Alloy Automotive Wheel Testing Council (hereafter referred to as “the Council”) and testing and registration are performed by the Japan Vehicle Inspection Association (hereafter referred to as Vehicle Inspection).
VIA is a registered trademark of the Japan Vehicle Inspection Association.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society