View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
50mph on a 65mph highway? Like I said, you are causing other people to waste fuel by slowing down and then accelerating around you. There is nothing eco-friendly about that.
Actually. . . he said he was in the right lane. If they are not qualified enough to gauge they are catching a car before they have to decelerate, they are not driving safely. One day that lack of attention or inability will cause them to slam into someone else possibly causing injuries or death.

The issue at hand is whether or not I should save a drop of gas or I should save them a drop. screw them, if they are not intelligent enough to understand its not my job to help them. If they are too myopic to understand the idea that going 5 mph faster for an hour will only get them there about 4.5 minutes sooner and cost them safety(aforementioned) and petrol then there is little hope for them. We can only hope they do not procreate.

AND eventually if enough people do it you force the idiots to do it anyway. I'm not advocating being in the left lane hypermiling but if you are in the right lane its