Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super22LL
coasting in neutral

Georgia - '03 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab Stepside LS
Last 3: 26.99 mpg (US)

Beth - '07 Yamaha R6S
90 day: 50.74 mpg (US)
Thanks for the welcome Darin. I'd really love to do some underpans on the truck. I was under it today changing the oil and noticing how cluttered and unaero my undercarriage was. Today was just a day of general maintenance on the truck. Oil change, flushing the cooling system and replacing my antifreeze and t-stat, cleaning my K&N air filter etc. I will definately replace the mechanical fan this year with a junkyard Taurus electric fan. From everything I have been reading on s10forum (been a member there since 05) and on here that would be a big gain for me right away. Possibly change diameter pullies. I have already lowered the truck 2" in the front and 3" in the back, but saw no real MPG increase in doing this. It was strictly for looks and handling. I have upgraded to 18" wheels and sized my tires to meet the overall diameter of my stock tires. I lost close to one half of a mile per gallon doing this. My 18" tires are 30mm wider each than my stock tires. I may revert to the stock 15" wheels and tires, but I really like my chrome wheels lol. ~Lloyd Lambert