View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #55 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Karma's playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
Mine as well. It's as if they resent your very existence as a personal affront, when all you're doing is driving on the same road.
What are the odds that one of these very people followed me for about 9 miles one night, beeping and flashing the whole way... I was doing the speed limit, which varied from 35 to 55 on country roads, and he continued to do this through 3 passing zones.

TaDa - the 4th passing zone, he accelerates like Oprah after a Twinkie, and passes me 100 feet before the passing zone. He snakes back in front of me, with a violent whipping motion, only to be greeted by a state trooper in the oncoming lane.

Before realizing that it was a trooper's cruiser in the oncoming, I was still being nice, and flashed my lights for him to get over. This actually alerted the cop to what was going on... LOL.

The cop turned about, and seemingly instantly hit speeds that I haven't seen in quite some time from my own vehicles, and had the guy stopped not 2 miles up the road.

Of course, I stopped to offer my recollection of the events at play.

Good and Bad do have Karma in common. Provide enough of either, and you'll most definitely get some back.