View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vwbeamer
EcoModding Apprentice

Ruint Taco - '19 Toyota Tacoma SR Double Cab
90 day: 23.76 mpg (US)
My Corn theory, 56% of calories is from corn

So, a couple of years ago, when the ethanol thing first started, me and friend at work started thinking about corn. The corn syrup thread got me thinking again.

I think corn is much to precious to burn for fuel. And good for you or not I figure it makes up about 56% of the food you eat. This 56% is just a guess, some say more some say less.

We are not talking just cream corn and corn on the cob, not just corn bread, or popcorn.

No, I'm talking corn Oil, Corn syrup, corn starch. Pick up just about any commercial produced product and corn is on the label.

Also think about the protein you eat. Chicken feed is about 95% corn. Therefore, I say when you eat chicken, or eggs, you are eating corn. Because without corn that chicken would not have been grown.

As an aside, name a restaurant or fast food place that does NOT serve chicken.

We also know that a large part of other animal feed is corn. Dairy cows? about 35-50% of their feed is corn. Hog feed? 35% corn. Cows 0-95% corn.

Even after the corn in the fields are harvested, the stalks are ground up and sometimes feed to the cows.

What about candy? Even if it's free of corn syrup, jelly beans, gummi worms , etc are molded in molds made from compressed corn starch.

Then think about how corn starch fines it way into so many none food products, or used to process everything from rubber to fire works.

Also, think about this, about 85-90% of your calories come from four grains-
Corn, Rice, Wheat and Soybeans. There almost no commercially produced food or animal feed that will not have at least one of those four grains in it.