View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
I'd sure love for this to work. I've seen the videos of some of the prototypes spinning up, but there's always something a little odd about the presentation that makes me doubt: the model sits on a large solid base, there's no sound, something.

I guess for me to completely believe in it, I'd have to be able to hold a running one in my hand for over an hour, nothing under or around it. My cellphone has to be able to keep working while the motor's running. It needs to not suck my neighbor's pacemaker out through his nose, and it needs to not take a devout faith in Orthodox Paganism to make it work.

I really want it to work. I just don't think it will. I think that once you've got one going, it's going to come out that ultimately it's using up energy.

I'm no physicist, not an engineer, and have forgotten more about magnetism and the related formulae than I care to think about. But I'm pretty sure that no matter how you slice it, a functioning no-ongoing-power-input magnetic engine demands overunity, and you just can't have that. There's something in the energy equations that's being missed.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.