View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
I got a reply from CallosRacing already:
Quote:
Hi Thomas....I just emailed "roy" about my kit and gave him more insight and what we are capable of doing. What is funny is that I am wanting to do the same thing and picked up a vx motor and going to put in into a crx. I'm more into the performance drag racing, tuning drag cars, street cars etc so tuning for better mpg is not new to me. Our front bumper is definitely more areo as it is flat on the bottom much like the ferrari's for aerodynamics.

Anyhow, I got way off topic.....but yes it is made of fiberglass, we also do it in carbon fiber but no it will not work with oem fenders. it is about 3" wider at the point where the bumper meets the fender (at the corner light). I told roy that I would fit some 13" wheels to see how much room there is for turning radius. We make all different prototypes and make molds, so making a wheel cover for both front and rear would be no problem. We can aslo make provisions on it to make a quick on and off deal. My kits retail for $649 for the front bumper and fenders. I would like to be involved in helping you guys in this quest for more mpg. I would sell you the front bumper only for $300 if you are interested.
I wrote back asking for more pictures of the back and bottom of the bumper and asked him to join us on the forum to get a feel of how many people would be interested in a bumper that would match up with OEM fenders and the possibility of making rear and front wheel skirts.