Clown Car: 1992 Geo Metro Lsi
Displacement: 1 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 1650 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: Been driving this Geo since late August of 2010. It's been gone through at least once in it's life, before I bought it, and a different transmission had to be put in it just before I could drive it home. The guy who sold it, kind of did this as a side hobby; Geo Metro 'restoration'. So I really don't know what 5 speed tranny is in it, or if the motor is original for that matter. So if my base numbers right after I got it are a little high for an Lsi, that may be why. there may be some xfi stuff mixed into the bag. Got 52 mpg for the first few months that I drove it to and from work, up and down US-23. In the winter the mpg dipped down to 45-ish, much to my disappointment. But when the weather warmed up again in April, the mpg went back up to 52. I changed the gear oil to something a little better, and I hope that will help with the cold weather driving. Sometimes when I started it up at work around midnight to go home in the winter, I could not just leave it in neutral with the clutch out, or the car would stall out with the parking brake on. So yeah, lots of drag in the cold gearbox there. lol

Update 06-22-2014: Still driving the little red clown car. Rebuilt the top end of the engine over the fall of 2012; and it is running really well for me, not using any oil anymore.

Hit a deer on the right front in March of 2013. Had to replace the RH front lights, and do a few Frankenstein bolts to hold the front bumper on. Took the hood off, flipped it over on top of a pile of leaves, and jumped up and down on it to straighten it out so it was usable again. It sort of looks like hell, but it latches properly again. I think the deer accident did something to the front end geometry, as no matter what I do with the steering adjustment, the inside corners of my front tires wear through to cords within 15,000 miles.

Stupid deer. Still getting 50+ mpg every fill up though, so I still can't afford to get rid of it.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: -40 psi in tires

-RH mirror delete and cover plate

-Added a bulb seal along the gap between the bumper and the front hood lower lip

Planned Mods: Partial Kamm back
Partial grill block (cardboard one worked pretty well, I think I saw a 1 or 2 mpg uptick)
Rear wheel skirts
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 38 mpg(US)
EPA highway 44 mpg(US)
EPA combined 40 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 53.06 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 50.06 mpg(US)
90 days 53.59 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Nov 18, 2012

(Created: 2011-09-01 19:43:08 / Modified: 2014-06-22 10:44:10)