Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMHondaGuy View Post
Thanks. To some degree the sensors price from Honda makes sense in that back in 1998 a wideband o2 sensor was a BIG deal. Now, not so much. I'm sure they're trying to make their money on something that at the time was probably fairly expensive.
That's a good point about back in the day. I do know that a lot of Honda's stuff is going up in price lately. One of them was they wanted $1200 for their alternator, now that even made the dealer's part dept laugh! No i didn't buy that, went and got a new TYC brand alternator and has been working fine for a couple years now.

Just wanted to tell you if you took a chance on that Denso part that you would be getting the same NTK 24300 part. Or at least it was the same part number on the part.

What I am jealous about is I see you're getting 40mpg and the best I'm getting currently is about 32mpg combined. Then again I'm in Michigan where it's been in the single digits for temps and you're down in warmer atlanta! That probably has something to do with it.

I have checked my data (separate thread) on my o2 and not sure if the results are correct.. Have to do some more digging on that. But I've fixed everything imaginable except for replacing the catalytic and I just can't seem to get up to 40mpg like this engine used to.. I'm really at a loss here..

best I got was 38mpg that was in the middle of summer.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Sipper - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 40.14 mpg (US)
Old 02-07-2018, 09:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Well that was short lived. Any frame damage?

Old 02-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Not that I could tell, but due to age will most likely be totaled. I had collision on it. We shall see what USAA wants to do. I didnt even notice any linkage broken but the wheel is pushed back and touching the back of the wheel well. So I'm sure it's all bent but not broken assuming the strut tower didn't get tweaked or not much it's definitely fixable.

USAA put me in a rental, a 2018 Toyota Corolla, very nice car, LOOOVE the seats they fit my back like a ****ing glove! but it only gets 28/36mpg... I had gotten low 40's with the HX without even having it in tip top yet... No idea where this is going but I'll know in a couple weeks.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
I assume you're not hurt, or at least, too bad? Any idea what the next car will be? With suspension damage like that on that vintage, it'll be totaled. Just the age alone means it will be totalled as they will see near 0 market value.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #46 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I am sorry man. You are okay? Please keep us updated!

Um... on the bright side... you probably do not need to purchase that oxygen sensor now!
Old 02-08-2018, 03:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMHondaGuy View Post
Not that I could tell, but due to age will most likely be totaled. I had collision on it. We shall see what USAA wants to do. I didnt even notice any linkage broken but the wheel is pushed back and touching the back of the wheel well. So I'm sure it's all bent but not broken assuming the strut tower didn't get tweaked or not much it's definitely fixable.

USAA put me in a rental, a 2018 Toyota Corolla, very nice car, LOOOVE the seats they fit my back like a ****ing glove! but it only gets 28/36mpg... I had gotten low 40's with the HX without even having it in tip top yet... No idea where this is going but I'll know in a couple weeks.

oh man!! I am so sorry to hear that!

but who cares about the car, are you ok? That's the first thing that entered my mind. yeah that will definitely be totaled as ksa8907 was saying. The damage to the suspension (control arms, kingpin/knuckle, shock, shock tower), axles, hub, etc.. That itself is probably worth more than what they'd value the entire car at. sad, but true..

yeah as xist said, not going to need the o2 sensor, and I know how you were looking forward to messing around with it. But sounds like the seats in that corolla are very comfortable! I know that the 96-2000 hx seats aren't the best, a little thin/small.. Toyota can definitely make a good seat! My scion tC has some of the best seats I've ever sat in.. but no they dont get the mpg's the HX got..

hey did you want to tell us what happened? Or stay quiet til everything is settled legally? I know how people aren't supposed to talk about open cases on the forums.. let us know. I think that sentra/elantra? in the picture caused it.. but that's me..

Last edited by oneheadlight; 02-08-2018 at 03:59 AM..
Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #48 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

To be honest, it put me in a good fog at first and I was dazed for a while, My left hand got a little numb and weak, whiplash was intense as in almost caused me to lose consciousness, I know a little from my medical training and checked my pupils... great they were acting a little odd and I'm noticing this morning typing with my left hand is a little shaky, and once or twice I had a mis-step with my left leg, not like stumble just like didn't mean to put my foot there but was still walking fine.

Wife begged me to go get checked but the nearest hospitle is half an hour away, it was late, I was feeling a lot better overall than I was right after, if symptoms don't clear up with my hand and if I have a lot more instances of not being able to think of things I ought to I'll go get checked out as it might be more than just a good solid concussion.

What really bothers me, is why did it happen... I recall going over a crest of a hill in the road, listening to the radio then a moment later i'm raising my head to see break lights ahead from a woman stopped dead in the road signal on waiting to make a left hand turn. Stomp on the breaks... **** they locked up, turning hard right trying to take the shoulder and miss her....almost on impact I felt how hard my neck got jerked. *sigh* Soon as I "came too" I thought to myself "God, please help me..." Not like OMG I"M HURT... but just that *sigh* help me get through this sort of thing, 2 months ago I wrecked and totaled a nice old Buick rear ending a VW... different cause than this one but DAMN IT! 2 cars in 2 months... ****.

Worst part was finding out there were 2 kids in the back of her car. When the officer asked if I had any questions I asked if anyone else was in the car and he said 2 kids in the back and my instant response was "****!" he then told me they were fine but still... damn it.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I am sorry man. You are okay? Please keep us updated!

Um... on the bright side... you probably do not need to purchase that oxygen sensor now!
Yeah, I went ahead and deleted that from my Amazon cart....:/

Next vehicle will depend laregly on what the insurance company gives me for this Civic. I'm hoping for more than I expect like the Buick, thought it was only worth $1300 at best from my research (only paid $500) and they cut me a check for $2750 so that was nice. Bought the Honda for $2500 w/tax and everything. *sigh*

Well at least everyone's alive....
The Following User Says Thank You to DSMHondaGuy For This Useful Post:
Xist (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #50 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I hope you get feeling better and find a car you like.

Reply  Post New Thread