Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2021, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

XJ Cherokee - '00 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 12.96 mpg (US)

FoFO - '11 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 36.78 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
Are these tank averages or using the lie-o-meter? I had a 2019 sentra rental when my V6 accord got rear ended and it was significantly off. My experience with eco mode was that it just offered a visible guide on the dashboard to keep the engine below 1700 RPM, I don't think it changed the throttle response for mine. The fake shifting drove me crazy, so I tried to use very low throttle to stay in true CVT territory.

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...way-37813.html

Hand calculated and fill up at the same gas station each time. I'd like to be able to get gas everywhere but due to some issues with my bank, there's literally one gas station in the area where I can buy gas without my debit card getting shut off

The lie-o-meter on the gauge cluster always says I get 55 MPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
My Ultra Gauge doesn't give any indication that the 1.6L in my Versa uses DFCO. I suspect you still have a pretty good margin of possible improvement. I've been driving my Versa since Feb. 2019. My worst tank to date is the first tank I ran through it at 42.345 MPG in cold/damp winter weather. Most of my driving is in the 40-45 MPH range on secondary country roads with c/c set. My overall average since purchase is currently at 50.1 MPG with my best ever tank about a month ago at 58.908 MPG. A little tip that I've found useful is when using c/c feather the gas on uphill runs to keep speed up and RPM's from going crazy because the speed dropped 1MPH below set speed. All my numbers are hand calculated. The dash readout has proven to regularly show about 4-8 MPG optimistic. On the tank that got 58.908 MPG my dash readout was showing over 65 MPG.
I haven't hooked up anything to the car yet. I do have a bluetooth OBDII adapter that should show me that info. Just going by the instant MPG gauge. However, even without DFCO, it drops the RPMs all the way and keeps the torque converter locked so it still would be using very minimal amount of fuel while driving like that.

Cruise Control in this as absolutely not friendly as i have learned. Exactly as you have mentioned - it drops some speed on hills then goes crazy trying to catch up. It's like it lags.

I rarely use cruise control. Keeps me from falling asleep while driving

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-27-2021, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post

I haven't hooked up anything to the car yet. I do have a bluetooth OBDII adapter that should show me that info. Just going by the instant MPG gauge. However, even without DFCO, it drops the RPMs all the way and keeps the torque converter locked so it still would be using very minimal amount of fuel while driving like that.
I can't recall ever noticing the GPH being burned when the Versa is coasting in gear but GPH in park/neutral is usually .17-.25 GPH depending on ambient temperature and engine temperature.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

FoFO - '11 Ford Focus SE
With gas prices being so high I've been piling the miles on the Sentra and leaving the Grand Marquis to sit and only be used inside our zipcode.

Still getting 38-40 daily driving on the highway, 42-45 on round trips out to my parents and back. I've been driving up US 11 to work and back avoiding the highway and able to pull 45 (according to the computer, 42 for real) commuting. I can time and hit the stoplights pretty good.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

CVTCivic - '17 Honda Civic 4D Touring Sedan
90 day: 39.16 mpg (US)
Question

Great write up. The 1.8 Sentra seems like a nice car, I have never driven a Sentra, since Nissan didn't bring the car to Europe.

Is your CVT behaving silmiarly to the Honda CVT in the video blow? Those are km/h not mph and l/100km not mpg, but maybe you can tell anyway.

Honda CVT - slow city speeds:
https://youtu.be/fIkoOWz3yVA

Honda CVT - slow highway speeds with cruise control:
https://youtu.be/jJq3Wy68qMs

Here is a mpg to l/100km converter, if you're curious.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mpg+...g+to+l%2F100km
Old 06-14-2022, 12:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

FoFO - '11 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVTCivic View Post
Great write up. The 1.8 Sentra seems like a nice car, I have never driven a Sentra, since Nissan didn't bring the car to Europe.

Is your CVT behaving silmiarly to the Honda CVT in the video blow? Those are km/h not mph and l/100km not mpg, but maybe you can tell anyway.

Honda CVT - slow city speeds:
https://youtu.be/fIkoOWz3yVA

Honda CVT - slow highway speeds with cruise control:
https://youtu.be/jJq3Wy68qMs

Here is a mpg to l/100km converter, if you're curious.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mpg+...g+to+l%2F100km
It does appear to be very similar. However, if I was accelerating slowly like you are in the first video, the Sentra would stay below 2000 RPM. Provided it's up to temperature.

Gearing seems to be pretty similar too. At the highwy speeds 110-120KM/h (70-75) the Sentra is a tad above 2000 RPM.

It's still cracking out high 40s hand calculated. With the gas prices lately, I've parked my grand marquis.

I also have moved and have a longer commute. This does better if I follow US 11 to the next town down and hop on the Interstate from there. Daily driving a week on one then the other, I average 3MPG more going down US11 first then hopping on 81. It's also .5 less mile so I truly am saving fuel.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

One thing I miss about the 2014s that my brother and I both had. Our Sentras were both 6spd manuals. 30-35 mpg in town with bursts to 6,500+ rpm getting on the congested roads and highways of Dallas/Fort Worth. Long road trips often approached 50 mph running 75-80 mph. Little 1.8L liked to be up in the RPM a little to make enough power to make it up next hill without having to downshift. I thought the MPG display on the dash was lying the first trip to and from San Antonio to visit my sister, cruising 80+ and it showing 48 mpg. Hand calculated right about the same. At 65 it never did better than 40-42.

The way the manual version was tuned from Nissan, it did not like being lugged down at all. Zero power and terrible fuel mileage unless you ran it up to the 2,500-4,000 rpm during normal acceleration at part-throttle. They cruised at 3,000 rpm @ 70 mph in 6th gear. If you needed real power to get keep from getting run over, it had a second power band from the VVT and Intake Swirl aka Power Valves opening that came on around 5,000 rpm and the car would pull effortlessly to the 6,800 rpm limiter. Little car had surprisingly good get up and go if you had the pedal down and managed real nice mpg at cruising speeds.

Last edited by GMVanGuy; 12-06-2022 at 04:41 PM..
Old 11-15-2023, 11:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Keel it quickly.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 11-15-2023, 06:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Mods are asleep, post frogs.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.8342...600,f8f8f8.jpg

Reply  Post New Thread