Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
So...how we doing? :{)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for asking. I've been doing work to the bike itself; mostly farkles Mostly I've been making my stock bike safer and adding storage.

Upgrades include: harder sub-frame bolts, stainless steel brake lines, pulling back the cruising seating position with highway pegs + handlebar risers + gel seat pad insert + topcase backrest. I'm also adding side cases, stronger shifter, bashplate and handguards, LED rear signals.

I plan to use the stronger bashplate and handguards to create a Vetter Alcan style fairing, and will be testing handlebar vibration to feel if I can keep off the stock bar end weights and narrow the overall profile a little bit.

I've added a fork brace and moved my front fairing much farther forward and closer to the tire to guard the rotating tire from chopping up the air in front of me. It also moves the fairing away from my radiator, which I plan to scoop the intake more when I work on the low and underside front fairing additions. I want to attach foglights to where the front fairing used to be so I can steer them but still be able to fit a window in front of them as part of the upcoming Vetter Alcan style fairing.

I got a good recommendation for some lower profile mirrors too. I plan to add some convex blindspot mirrors to them, some ultrasonic deer alert modules, gear net atop the topcase, etc.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

KLR - '07 Kawasaki KLR650
90 day: 49.2 mpg (US)

EVA - '81 Mercedes 300SD Turbo diesel

Mitsubitchy - '02 Mitsubishi Galant
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Olga - '81 VW caddy
90 day: 44.7 mpg (US)

purple toaster - '05 Scion XB
90 day: 35.57 mpg (US)

a torradeira - '06 Scion XB
90 day: 38.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Myst View Post
I got a good recommendation for some lower profile mirrors too. I plan to add some convex blindspot mirrors to them, some ultrasonic deer alert modules, gear net atop the topcase, etc.
Bringin this back up. Just wondering what kind of mirrors you chose to use and how they are working otu for you. I ride a KLR650 and the mirrors are ridiculous for aerodynamics so I am looking for options.

Reply  Post New Thread