Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
wrx4me...

no worries - '91 Subaru legacy L
90 day: 31.45 mpg (US)

weevee - '08 suzuki vstrom dl650
90 day: 61.22 mpg (US)

wrx - '09 Subaru wrx sedan
90 day: 29.8 mpg (US)

Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - '09 kawasaki ninja 250 se

Connie - '09 kawasaki concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
"You can lead a horse to water..."

Good luck. Consider the relative value you place on mpg and on your relationship and proceed accordingly.
Ouch! Somedays you get the elavator, somedays u get the shaft...i have the same issue....i have not dared to broach the subject.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Pantry Boy Supreme (pbs) - '04 Volvo S80 T6 Premier
my gf and i had the same... She's more relaxed with trying new things because i annoy and drag her into things wheather she likes it or not... eventually she'll budge and hop on board! ...she knows the (frequent) crazy things i do, works... and i don't just do them without relative cause.. $$$ is teh biggest incentive for US, as we drive ALLOT! so anything saved goes back into our pockets to do other cool fun "togetherness" stuff instead.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Got MPG?

The Car - '09 Toyota Corolla CE Enhanced
So what's her weak spot?

Reward system like you have 4 tanks of X mpg...

= spa day for her
= weekend just the two of you
= you make dinner for a week
= ??
Old 08-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
Look at my Wifey's fuel log, you can definitely see some tanks where I have driven compared to her. But she refuses to look at things or consider ideas if she perceives that I am being a jerk. And she assumes that I am as a default!

I got her weak spot! I have been holding out for just the right occasion. I have never, EVER, no even once given her flowers. My rationale was that only men who were in trouble give them to women and why would I give you something that dies as a token of my love. Odd that she still wants them, she is a florist hasn't she got apathetic to their presence yet?

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Give flowers thats living w roots in a potted plant!
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
Exceptional Member

Crapolier - '98 Chevrolet Cavalier base
90 day: 34.81 mpg (US)

05 CTS-V - '05 cadillac cts-v
90 day: 33.01 mpg (US)

95 Accord - '95 Honda Accord
90 day: 38.06 mpg (US)

11 CTS-V - '11 Cadillac CTS-V
Withhold sex.

My girlfriend drives my cavalier now. She's 23 and has student loans to pay down. So I broke it down for her in dollars and cents and she understood that. Now I've got her coasting, drafting trucks, she's no pro but vastly improved over her old habits. She use to push the gas while she drove and then brake then gas then brake. Drove me insane.

Tell her you'll put the money saved on fuel towards the vacation.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
wrx4me...

no worries - '91 Subaru legacy L
90 day: 31.45 mpg (US)

weevee - '08 suzuki vstrom dl650
90 day: 61.22 mpg (US)

wrx - '09 Subaru wrx sedan
90 day: 29.8 mpg (US)

Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - '09 kawasaki ninja 250 se

Connie - '09 kawasaki concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbar View Post
Withhold sex.

My girlfriend drives my cavalier now. She's 23 and has student loans to pay down. So I broke it down for her in dollars and cents and she understood that. Now I've got her coasting, drafting trucks, she's no pro but vastly improved over her old habits. She use to push the gas while she drove and then brake then gas then brake. Drove me insane.

Tell her you'll put the money saved on fuel towards the vacation.
I must be going with the wrong women... withholding sex is more likely for for the ladies than the men in the circles i travel in :-:-P
Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Breeze - '97 Plymouth Breeze
90 day: 23.1 mpg (US)
If fuel economy is effecting your relationship; break up or divorce them.

You clearly have way bigger problems if you have to develop tactics to force them into following your lifestyle.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
It's not about FE, as such- MPGranger isn't asking her to hypermile, it just hurts him to watch her make 78% of EPA.

I think he's going to have to bite the bullet on this one, though. It's hard to put someone in a sporty little thing and expect them to not use it that way. I think throwing an SG or UG in there will at least let her see the numbers and he should leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 08-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGranger View Post
I got her weak spot! I have been holding out for just the right occasion. I have never, EVER, no even once given her flowers. My rationale was that only men who were in trouble give them to women and why would I give you something that dies as a token of my love. Odd that she still wants them, she is a florist hasn't she got apathetic to their presence yet?
Flowers are a tough subject, it's been my observation over some successes and failures that a man in a committed relationship should have flowers delivered to his woman's place of business at least two (her birthday and one random day) - and at most 4 times a year. Even if where she works is a flower shop, and especially if you order them from the same shop she works at. Yes, it's $50-100 to do that. Yes it's a lot of money if you think what you're buying is just some flowers.

If you've never bought your woman flowers before, or if it's been a long time... it could look a lot like a pre-apology to a suspicious spouse, but if you're truly clean as a whistle there's not really anything she can do about it - but why's she suspicious in the first place? After you get past that obstacle it's pretty sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbar View Post
Withhold sex.
We all know how that goes... ya' don't pet yer dog, he finds someone who'll pet 'im.

Choosing your battles is probably best, the more freedom you give your spouse the more freedom you can expect (and take) in return. Some folks just will not be convinced to conserve energy - most housemates I've ever had have likely never moved a light switch down or turned off a home entertainment device in their lives, and will go to their graves believing those things turn themselves off like the light in the fridge because I went around turning things off for them.

I know convincing my g/f to save more fuel would be very nearly impossible as she commutes exclusively by bicycle..

Last edited by shovel; 08-31-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread