Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2024, 08:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,166 Times in 1,030 Posts
Back in the day,,,,,,, Pheonix used to be really dry before it got discovered, like Yuma but with gentrification and things to do like employment. Then it got huge and relative humidity went up. Desert hot wasn't that bad if you could maintain fluids and didn't mind body odor. Population used to ebb and flow with the seasons, too.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-14-2024, 10:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Back in the day,,,,,,, Pheonix used to be really dry before it got discovered, like Yuma but with gentrification and things to do like employment. Then it got huge and relative humidity went up. Desert hot wasn't that bad if you could maintain fluids and didn't mind body odor. Population used to ebb and flow with the seasons, too.
Now it is 5 million people, 120F in the summer with some of the worst air quality in the nation. Oh, and now it is an expensive place to live with an median home price of $500K.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:40 AM   #43 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,166 Times in 1,030 Posts
Always was 120f in the summer, even back 50 years years ago, no recollection for 60 years ago, but then I did still know it got hot. Have knowledge of Albuquerque summer going back 65 years, though. Hot.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
My school decided to have my classmates pose for pictures for the program page

Thanks, guys! She is amazing!

The picture is Billy Crystal's Miracle Max from "Princess Bride."
I had just made a meme about feeling mostly dead when I decided to make a profile picture.

In unrelated news, I went to check something on our website, and saw that they replaced stock images with ones of my classmates.
For a fraction of a moment, I felt like Mike Wazowski when he was on television:

Then I realized they had someone impersonate me:

They wanted to look inclusive, so they put a guy in the picture, in a shirt like the one they gave me in orientation, they just didn't want their actual student in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	442480688_10233602803756007_5012771011583135228_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	34726   Click image for larger version

Name:	n2lpwtsyhtx71.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	34727  

Last edited by Xist; 06-20-2024 at 07:10 PM..
Old 05-23-2024, 01:10 AM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,823 Times in 7,279 Posts
Quote:
The picture is Billy Crystal's Miracle Max from "Princess Bride."
Thanks

Old 05-23-2024, 01:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Pacifica Hybrid - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
90 day: 85.85 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,460 Times in 3,426 Posts
I'm put off by those not knowing the avatar. Among the most quotable, rewatchable films in history.

...but if one is feeling mostly dead, they identify with Cary Elwes, not Billy Crystal.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (05-27-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 08:05 PM   #47 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Saving the world with $88,000

Nothing worked right when I needed more student loans and then I accidentally accepted all of them--and then couldn't get the money for 3 months.

I don't know how much I actually accepted and how much I actually got, but on top of charging 8% interest starting when I was approved, 90 days before I was able to spend any of it, they charged the equivalent of about 6 months interest to generate the loan.

I haven't specifically done anything with it.

I haven't bought another car, drivable or not, and I haven't bought another computer.

Did I post about video cards?

I bought a used adapter off eBay and it started dying, worse than my original 8-year-old hardware, after a few months, so I bought a $30 card, which was slower than my original card, and then a brand-new card from Dell for $162.

I forget how much I paid for the one off eBay, but I paid for a warranty, and they refunded most of what I paid.

For some reason my SSD doesn't show up in BIOS, so I need to keep my original HD disconnected until I figure out that.

I recorded myself working on the 2002 Civic, so I would like to keep that, just not on the SSD, and maybe at some point I can play a game before returning to school, but for now I don't have the free space to see what my new card can do.

I have been using PerformanceTest and pushed the big button to have it test everything instead of pushing the buttons for 2d and 3d tests.

It is weird how much everything else varied between tests, so I wonder how many times you should run a test for it to be scientific.

I haven't been back to Show Low for months, I still needed to complete some things after passing my classes--and still need to do some of them--but while we had wanted to renew our lease, the owner decided to rent to family.

Do you think they will replace the water heater and the toilet for family or make them suffer, too?

It took a while to find a place and I really couldn't look while in school.

We finally found a house in Chandler, larger than our current one, and much closer to my wife's work.

I can't imagine Mom voluntarily getting rid of enough stuff to fit in the larger house and I am tired of parking in the driveway as hot as it gets here, but there isn't an HOA, and I instantly found sheds for $320.

The backyard is pretty small and the previous tenant set it up with tons of raised gardens, so even less space is available for a shed; I would put one right in the middle of the back yard.

We are supposed to move on Saturday.

Allegedly, we have help coming, I just don't have any idea how much we will have ready, but we have a week to move.

I asked Mom if I could just take her wardrobe boxes straight to donate and she acted like that was absolutely unreasonable--and then I needed to push and prod, beg and plead to get her to go through them.

She wants me to donate two that are full of coats and jackets in Show Low and gave me permission to donate 2 more here.

She also emptied 2 more into normal boxes for some reason.

I have two boxes of kitchen stuff that Mom graciously agreed to donate (because she already replaced it with nicer stuff) and another box of stuff that Mom insists on keeping even though we don't have room here or at the new house.

I have run 3 loads of stuff she wants to keep, so I need to donate what I can, return the van, finally get my car after a few days, and box up everything in the dishwasher.

I am just going to box up everything in the kitchen.

She keeps talking about her friend having everything ready for her recent move, so it was super quick and easy.

Mom isn't doing much to get ready, but she is helping somewhat.

My wife and I are doing most of the work, but my wife needed emergency surgery a week ago, so she is spending much of the time resting--and a bit of my student loans covered the surgery.

We don't know when she will be able to return to work, so my student loans will be covering her time off, too.
freebeard (06-20-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 02:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,446 Posts
Quote:
Saving the world with $88,000

Nothing worked right when I needed more student loans and then I accidentally accepted all of them--and then couldn't get the money for 3 months.

I don't know how much I actually accepted and how much I actually got, but on top of charging 8% interest starting when I was approved, 90 days before I was able to spend any of it, they charged the equivalent of about 6 months interest to generate the loan.

I haven't specifically done anything with it.
Surely you didn't take out $88K in loans for a single year. How do you not know how much money you took out in loans? Where is this money today since you said you didn't spend it?

Job #1 should be paying back every dime you don't need instead of letting it accumulated interest at 8%. ($88K @ 8% is $7K a year in interest)

Reply  Post New Thread