Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2016, 12:15 AM   #2751 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Summary of the interesting videos

Setup https://youtu.be/RNQ9GyK8ENI

Test 1 https://youtu.be/m9dMPqExIo8

Test 2 https://youtu.be/8dS1CPcZaec

Test 3 https://youtu.be/eImdvnpnKUo

Attached spreadsheet with extra data from the 2 other video cameras - in the DC spreadsheets, 4 extra columns

Youtube is still processing, but it should be done within the next 15 minutes

Attached Files
File Type: xls April 27.xls (146.0 KB, 17 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (05-18-2016)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #2752 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys,
I've been lurking the thread and have a few questions:

1)Is PMAC (PMSM/sinusoidal brushless) confirmed working? It seems to be the case as far as I can tell.

2)Where can I grab the latest files? I'm lost in the thread/wiki/google drive folder.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #2753 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehzeh View Post
1)Is PMAC (PMSM/sinusoidal brushless) confirmed working? It seems to be the case as far as I can tell.
I believe so - I have not tested PMAC or brushless DC. We'll have to wait for Paul to answer that one

Quote:
2)Where can I grab the latest files? I'm lost in the thread/wiki/google drive folder.
I have the files that I am using. Paul is tweaking the code all of the time, and I have not quite convinced him to start changing revision numbers so that we can set a baseline.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #2754 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I'd be more than glad to help with documentation etc. If I can get the latest docs I can set up an easy github repo or some such, maybe just update the GDrive folder.

I was looking into my own controller design, but why re-invent the wheel? I'd much rather just add whatever features I think are missing to this project.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #2755 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
I'd be more than glad to help with documentation etc. If I can get the latest docs I can set up an easy github repo or some such, maybe just update the GDrive folder.
If Paul is agreeable I can PM you the code.

Paul was going to investigate github .. not sure if he got around to it.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #2756 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Paul is sorta...

www.ebay.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #2757 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:

I was looking into my own controller design, but why re-invent the wheel? I'd much rather just add whatever features I think are missing to this project.
There is a repository but it doesn't have the latest code. I believe Paul is also working on a revision on the PCB using a later model controller chip.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #2758 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

thanks for the help guys. I'll try PM'ing him myself here in a bit.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #2759 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
LOL freebeard. Anybody can always do anything they want to with the code. But that's not very helpful for me to say.

Thingstodo, I think it's an excellent idea to get versions going here. Let's set the version you are using right now as the official "VERSION 0.1". I don't even remember what version that is though. I'm HORRIBLE at staying organized. My main problem is being busy. My wife recently ran off the road due to temporarily going blind (M.S. related symptom), so I have to do all the driving now. So, I sort of need help being organized. I don't really understand how github works very well. Let's pick thingstodo's testing files as the official starting point, and then branch from there.

Should we do a single project that's ONLY for induction, and one that's only for permanent magnet? I'm inclined toward that. At first it seemed no big deal to do all of them in a single file, but right now I'm finding that there are significant differences between induction+encoder, permanent magnet+encoder, permanent magnet + resolver type 1, permanent magnet + resolver type 2, permanent magnet + resolverEncoderHybrid (the Yasa motor uses this strange thing), ... I have 5 test motors, and all 5 of them are fundamentally different in their position sensing and/or motor type.

EDIT: I was working on testing that new board, but I think I messed it up with the toaster oven. I have no more of them, so I made a new new board that uses >= 1206 components rather than 0603, and also uses just the surface mount version of the dspic30f4011, which is a lot easier to solder and will have basically the same features as the mostly through-hole board, but the resolver to encoder circuit will be off-board.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #2760 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

If you want to start separating them, then github would be the bets bet actually. Just start a project for induction and fork for brushless.

Github would also help as far as other people making changes--they can check out/fork the repo and if they have any changes they want to submit they can do so with whatever review process you want in place.

If you have any other revision control you'd refer I'm down to help, you're saving me a few years worth of design/testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to wehzeh For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (05-21-2016)
Reply  Post New Thread