Schneider wheel caps
Schneider wheel caps
Picture Added 09-14-2010 01:17 PM
Added by BamZipPow

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 2 of 2
  1. KamperBob
    11-04-2010 07:27 AM - permalink
    KamperBob
    It'll be interesting to see if these fly in the trucking world. Ever drive interstate mountains? Notice those "check brakes" warnings for truckers for upcoming descents? How 'bout emergency stopping lanes off to the side? They don't seem to get used as often as they once did. I understand it's pretty expensive when they are used. But they were built for a reason. When truck brakes fail that's BAD. It'll be interesting to see if the industry finds smooth wheel covers a net win all things considered. Thanks for sharing!
  2. henticules
    09-25-2011 09:30 AM - permalink
    henticules
    Hi. I was a mechanic for Schneider until they closed my shop (nov. '09). The corporate weenies claimed we were getting 0.1 mpg better using these. they had a inner piece with a metal ring that just pushes into place in the rim were it dips in and the outside has a zipper around the whole length for removal. you can't tell from the picture but the center is actually a clear piece of soft plastic to inspect lugnuts and oil leaks. The corporate types were all patting themselves on the backs for the 0.1 mpg improvement and how much money they were saving, but they flat out ignored all the drivers and mechanics repeatedly telling them if they would quit derating the engines horsepower levels the whole fleet would see 1 to 1.5 mpg improvement. Now when you factor in a fleet of 12,000 tractors getting 15-20% better mpg (average as-is is 6.0mpg) with current diesel costs the amount of money being left on the table is mind boggling