Go Back   EcoModder Forum > diesel_john's Profile > Albums > injection pulse snapshot
Register Now
 Register Now

Picture 3 of 3 from Album injection pulse snapshot
I can see the pulse from #1 injection line and then 3 small pulses from the other cylinders and then the big pulse from #1 again. I am getting about 2v p-p directly out the two knock sensors. I have not measured a timing light yet to see what it needs to trigger. At higher speeds the noise floor becomes a concern. Looks like the $50 store brought pickup might be worth the money for higher speeds. 
x is 100ms
y is 800mv
I can see the pulse from #1 injection line and then 3 small pulses from the other cylinders and then the big pulse from #1 again. I am getting about 2v p-p directly out the two knock sensors. I have not measured a timing light yet to see what it needs to trigger. At higher speeds the noise floor becomes a concern. Looks like the $50 store brought pickup might be worth the money for higher speeds.
x is 100ms
y is 800mv
Picture Added 05-06-2009 08:28 AM
Added by diesel_john

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 2 of 2
  1. consaka
    05-26-2009 05:40 PM - permalink
    consaka
    Can you try that with a really clean injection line and just one knock sensor?
    Whys is that screen pixelated? is that a particular scope mode? just looks funny is all.
  2. consaka
    05-26-2009 05:42 PM - permalink
    consaka
    Oh yeah.. also wondering if you put a damper on that injection line whether it would make a difference for picking up the other injection events. It really shouldnt pick those up. I think it might be noise from that injection line being clamped to other injection lines.