Go Back   EcoModder Forum > lolarocket's Profile > Albums
Register Now
 Register Now

1992 Geo Clown Car Metro
I've had this car going on 10 years now, since Spring of 2010. I have put 160,000 miles on it since I got it; via my daily round trip commute of 80 miles. It had at least 108,000 miles on it when I got it (was rolled over to 8000 miles at the time). So grand total of 268,000 miles so far. Could be 100k higher, but probably not.

As far as maintenance, it has mostly been consumables. Tires, brakes, tie rod ends, control arms. The heaviest I've gotten into it, was a full top end job about 5 years ago; and one head gasket replacement about 2 years ago.

And accident damage. 2 dear, one raccoon, and one old lady in a Chevrolet Malibu.

At this point, I can't bear to part with it, until it physically can't be safely repaired. Which I know is probably coming. The rust is spreading, slowly but surely.

Nobody can say it hasn't given maximum return for every dollar it has ever had put into it.

-This update was on 11/18/2019
Putting four new tires on the Metro a few years back.
This is from the latest accident.  Christmas Eve 2017, a lady pulled out in front of me.  I aaaaaalmost stopped in time.  But just bashed into her...
This is where the Metro spends most of its time, when it isn't parked inside the garage at home.  Out on the airport ramp in Oscoda, MI.  Ferrying...
This is from when I replaced the crankshaft oil seal.  It was leaking heavily.  It went well.  Still doesn't leak there.
Another early aero mod.  This one sort of  involuntary.  As I had broken off my passenger side mirror backing out of the garage one day.  I made a...
Another shot of my "aero" headlight covers.  I also addes a bulb seal across the lower lip of the hood mating area.  Closing up the gap...
I breifly experimented with some aero mods.  You can see the headlight covers I attempted.
This is how my 1992 Geo Metro looked when I bought it back in 2010.  Repainted, no rust showing, nothing broken.  Shiny.
I had to rebuild the top end back in 2012.  Exhaust valves had burned a hole in themselves.  Also popped out the pistons and re-ringed them.  Cleaned...
The 1992 Geo Metro.  This is after I hit a deer with the Left Front.  Smashed the hood a bit.  I straightened it by jumping up and down on it, after...
Rebuilding the Exhaust system in my driveway.