Go Back   EcoModder Forum > wyatt's Profile > Albums > Suzuki Swift Aero Mods
Register Now
 Register Now

Picture 1 of 2 from Album Suzuki Swift Aero Mods
I called it the SedanKamm. It was great for aero (+6% FE), great for reducing the heat load into the car (from solar gain), and great for getting questions. It was a bit hard to see out of due to the super thin rear window (it still met all codes), and the tendency to reflect on the inside. Overall, I would give it an A+ for a prototype, if it was a final version, it would get a B. You can see that the results of the tuft test confirmed attached flow.
I called it the SedanKamm. It was great for aero (+6% FE), great for reducing the heat load into the car (from solar gain), and great for getting questions. It was a bit hard to see out of due to the super thin rear window (it still met all codes), and the tendency to reflect on the inside. Overall, I would give it an A+ for a prototype, if it was a final version, it would get a B. You can see that the results of the tuft test confirmed attached flow.
Picture Added 08-05-2010 03:13 PM
Added by wyatt

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 2 of 2
  1. TOOQIKK
    09-01-2011 11:20 PM - permalink
    TOOQIKK
    i have thought about making one of these for my sentra!
    like the design...i think if and when i get around to it ill use a slightly larger window...i like to see stuff around me and the look of the silly tail gaters....LOL
  2. wyatt
    01-28-2013 03:21 PM - permalink
    wyatt
    Yeah, the rear window was kind of hard to see through, but this was the last of the acrylic, and all of it got used . I was able to see the horizon (barely) through the rear view mirror, and I was able to see around me well enough to back into parking spots without using mirrors. You would be surprised, but all that big white area on the sides barely impacted my view around me. If I were to build a final version, I would have the windown go another 6" or so up, and another foot down, just for visibility. I miss it, and I miss getting 51mpg at 70 mph!