Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
faster Fiero

I thought I would bring this thread back to life after reading an article in "Farm Show" magazine this month about Mr. Albertson and his Mag-Trans drive electric Ranger. I called Sugarbush Ford in Winona, MN and they said this is for real. They said the truck will get 100 miles on a charge and they are 60-90 days out from taking orders. I then called Mr. Albertson and talked to him about his set-up as I am interested in starting a company to convert cars from gas to elec. I emailed him about the posibility and am waiting for his reply. In the mean time I did some research on this technology and found that it was originally patented in 1989 as a friction device on a stationary bicycle. Then in the 90's a company called Magna Force, Inc. added a second disc on the other side of the magnets and patented it for coulping electric motors to pumps ect. You can test it yourself by dropping a magnet down a piece of copper pipe. It takes 3 to 4 times longer to get to the bottom than it would dropping it from the same height in the air.

The thing I don't understand about his system is how he can get the power out of the motor. The forklift motor I have in my Fiero is designed to run at 48 volts, and I can see just turning the motor on and using the Mag-Trans to put the power to the wheels, but at 48 volts, my car would only do about 35 mph. I get the extra power from running at 108 volts, but if I turned on the motor at 108 volts with no load- well I think most of you know what would happen. If anyone know how he does this, please post.

Hondo

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread