Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

So I heard about this Excelerated Oil...

"Excelerated Oil has been proven to increases gas mileage by 10%, 20% even 30% or higher. "

There are a bunch of other claims, that's just the first one they make.

Too good to be true, if you ask me.

Edit: Just found this video:

http://www.myfitv.com/videos/773824/...erated-oil-329

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Testimonial

Quote:
"Integrated Electric has used (Excelerated Oil ) products for over 8 months and have found them to be excellent. In this day and age it is amazing that something actually works like people claim it does. Excelerated Oil does MORE than what they claim it does. John and Dan are excellent in their customer service and their product is excellent. We have experienced better gas mileage and increased horsepower in all of our vehicles. I even use this in my personal vehicles and my wife loves the savings, almost $100 per month in her car alone. We have averaged 24.6% improved gas mileage on our 17 vehicles overall. I also understand that this oil will increase engine life. In addition, our vehicles are running close to 33 degrees cooler than they were before we used Excelerated Oil. The savings have translated into close to a $2800 per month savings to the Company. In this economy that is nothing to be taken lightly."
-Tim Carpenter, Operations Manager Integrated Electric Inc. Denver, CO
Besides the oil, they must have changed the thermostat too...

>
Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Polymorphic Modder

2006 DaCivic Hybrid - '06 Honda Civic Hybrid
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
Interesting video. I really would like to see some independant lab testing of this Oil, and testing of the engines for wear at say 100, 150, and 200K miles.

They are going 25K between oil changes. Maybe the composition of Unicorn snot is the special sauce here.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yeah that's really the problem I'm having with this oil. I think anyone can agree that a purer, more refined petroleum-based motor oil, is better than a less pure oil; but the question is how much better, and how could it possibly let you go 25k miles between oil changes? Why not just go with synthetic?

I would also like some independent testing, but I don't feel like even contributing a cent to the company just to find out for myself; I'm too skeptical.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
The PRC.

Initially I thought this was just a new version of Magnatec oil which was intended to 'cling' to components more than, er, other oils. The science bit from the website :

Quote:
The Science Behind Excelerated Oil

Excelerated Oil works by using a combination of hydrodynamics and thermodynamics. Once the oil is in it’s pure state, proprietary technology and techniques are used in blending military grade additions to the oil. When this oil is added to the engine, the additives electrically bond to the moving parts. As the surfaces encounter each other, the molecules from each component oppose their counter of the opposite part. As the temperature and rpm’s of the engine increase, the electrical opposition also increases.

A simple explanation of electrical opposition is to take 2 magnets and try to push the positive ends together, because of the opposing molecules the two magnets cause separation. Excelerated Oil works on the same principle thus causing less engine friction.
So its the oil version of the integrated electric motor ? An immediate thought is wouldn't the magnetic effect also create resistance when you didn't need it, therefore cancelling out any benefits ?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kincurd View Post
I think anyone can agree that a purer, more refined petroleum-based motor oil, is better than a less pure oil; but the question is how much better, and how could it possibly let you go 25k miles between oil changes?
I think "purity" is a religious issue, and in fact a lot of the higher-quality (by service rating) oils are deliberately made impure with all sorts of additives.

As for going 25K miles between oil changes, anyone can do that. Just don't change the oil at the recommended interval.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Blue Meanie - '02 Volkswagon Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 48.52 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '05 WV Passat TDI

Rudy - '94 Chevy C2500
The oil is supposed to be impure thats why there are additives, the oil most likely lasts 25,000mi because it does not have additives that wear out and detergents to remove crud that shows up as darker oil. Oil does not break down or wear out (unless excessively heated) it just gets dirty and needs to be reprocessed and have additives... added.

"It's not rocket surgery!" -MetroMPG
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantom For This Useful Post:
Christ (05-04-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
You know how almost every girl wants a pony at some time in her childhood? Well, I mentioned to my Wife that
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphDaCivic View Post
Maybe the composition of Unicorn snot is the special sauce here.
and she replies, in her sweet little girl voice, "I want a unicorn, please!"

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Reply  Post New Thread