Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

1989 honda crx hf

For sale is an original rare 1989 Honda CRX HF with factory A/C (does not work (no belt)). No tuning mods what so ever, other than suspension. This car has the original 8 valve engine and the manual tall gearing. I have consistently gotten between 46 and 50 MPG and I try not to shift above 1500 RPM, individual mileage results may vary based on driving habits. It does get a little worse fuel economy in the winter (Snow and dense air) Does not have the California trans and the car is at 2100 RPM for 70 MPH. The engine pulses a little when in gear and the accelerator slightly depressed (less than 1/4 inch). I've read and been told this is how it achieves such great fuel economy by having such little tolerances in the timing, electrical and valve spacing. I bought the car in August of 2009 with 127,000 miles, it now has almost 200,000 even and I drive it daily. Engine runs very smooth and drops down to around 700 RPM at idle. What I have done to the car:

Front brakes ceramic pads, rotors are slightly warped.
Rear brake shoes and drums
New front brake calipers
New rear brake cylinder (old ones leaked)
MOOG front upper and lower control arms
Front upper and lower ball joints
Inner and outer tie rods
Left and right half shafts (left boot has leak, ran over a twig) and I did change the trans oil
newer tires
Greased all known points
Main oil seal
New clutch before I bought the car (the car sat a while and the clutch vibrates a little when starting in first gear, it does not slip)
Wires and NGK plugs
Alternator
Starter
Radiator
Main relay has been repaired and re-soldered
Stainless steel exhaust from Headers back
Belts
Put on passenger side mirror
Shocks/struts
1986 CRX wheels (less rolling resistance)
Full spare (1986 wheel)
Factory HONDA CRX service manual

The less desired:
Seats (with new covers)
Hatch leaks a little water near the lift gate arms
Turn signal is cracked and you need to hold it to turn on the lights ( it all works)
Cool/Heat control knob is broken (manually need to turn heat on and off near the fire wall) The heat works very well and there are no leaks in the heater core
Very far left of hood is dented and the bumper is cracked there as well (nothing flaps)
Both rear quarter panels near wheel wells have some rust which is typical of Hondas this age
Parking brake is hooked up just needs adjusting in the drums
The floor boards and rest of the car are solid and not rusted
There is rust near the wheel wells (typical)
The rear bumper is pushed in but still firmly attached
Paint is fading on the roof and on the hatch
Glove compartment is jimmy rigged to stay in place (still works plastic pieces just replaced with wood, but you can't visually notice it)

This is a rare car and it has not been messed with like most of this year and model. Asking Three Thousand dollars OBO. This 1989 HONDA CRX HF is SOLD AS IS. I will consider all serious offers. Please ask questions and I can send more pics if you like. I will only respond to e-mail.

Follow CL link for pics
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4789310878.html

Thank you,

Mike

Last edited by mreej; 12-03-2014 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Here are Pics, for sale in Louisville, KY
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
1989, crx hf, honda