Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
1991 CRX HF in Vancouver

Not my car, these were never sold in Canada so they are super rare up here. But the guy probably would have got more interest in it if he had left it in the States, and saved himself the importation and transport charges.

1991 HONDA CRX HF

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

whitey - '95 toyota corolla dx
project

Hey War Wagon......

You seem to have a good inventory or knowledge of eco cars there in Van (esp 5 speeds).....Im looking for a good project, (or finished project, or?). Something like a good metro/sprint, maybe an insight....or? Gotta be 5 speed standard, without much or any rust. I can fix mech stuff, but not much of a body man. Up to maybe 5k.....

Got any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

John....
Old 05-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Well that depends if you need the thing to make it back to the flatlands before you do any work on it ha ha. I have a few in the stash but most have been sitting for a while, so if you are in town for a while you could make them trip worthy, but if you need something that would make it back through the Rockies and half way across the country then that narrows down the selection a bit!
Old 05-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Well, dont mind a bit of wrenching and refurbishing.....not sure I want to be swapping engines/trannys etc....but if there was something interesting enough, could drag it back somehow! Most vehicles out here are not small, fuel efficient, or sound-of-body! So west coast generally better.....!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Well off the top of my head I can think of 6 that are stick cars that I'd sell.
I have a VX but it's too rotten, I got it for the drivetrain and wheels, if you had a small dog and locked him in the car, he could get out through the holes in the 1/4 panels, so that one is off the list.

I still have the 5 speed Previa, it would probably make it back no problems, it will need a master cylinder at some point though. I think you were the person that had seen it before when the previous owner had it so you know the rear interior is stripped out and it has a home made work table back there.

I've got a rust free but ugly '96 Metro 2 dr, 1.0L 5 speed, 260k KMs. Runs and drives, axles are noisy, 2nd gear synchro is rough. Interior is all there, mainly ugly because someone spray painted the driver door and fender to "fix" some scratches.

1987 Celica GT, 175k KMs, 1 owner car. Has the original salesmans card in the glovebox and an unused 2nd set of keys. Seriously. Needs a muffler, some marker lights replaced, and the only rust is a 2 inch hole in the passenger front fender. Original paint car, it's eco-ish I guess? I figure any car that rolls on 13s from the factory is probably skirting the edge of being an eco car ha ha.

1991 Tercel DX two door. This is the car I sold and bought back because it burnt an exhaust valve 27 days after I sold it. 160k KMs, no passenger mirror base model. I saved this car to build a winter car for myself, it is literally the nicest, cleanest '90s Tercel I have ever seen. Bright red with black and white checkered '90s Toyota interior. If you are a sucker for the '90s like I am, you will dig this thing. But, it does have a dead hole until the head gets rebuilt. You could probably make it home on 3 cylinders but I wouldn't want to try it.

1991 Tracker 4x4 2 door, 5 speed. Original yellow paint, no rust, new top, 183k KMs. This one would be expensive but these things are always expensive, around here anyway.

And my '90 Civic CX. It just broke 300k KMs, but the body is super solid original paint. Typical '80s Honda, if you got a good one, it was really good, and this is a good one. Manual everything, no passenger mirror, no center console, no rear wiper, with the crazy CX seats in it (like CRX seats but with cheap vinyl) needs a master cylinder but it comes with one. I drive it all the time, I'd get in this thing and drive it to Edmonton and wouldn't think twice (except for the brakes ha ha).

I think that's it for now. My 1st gen Insight isn't for sale, and the 1st gen Prius isn't a stick obviously, too bad I want to get rid of that thing ha ha.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Wow - that is a cool list of cars! They are all good, even the prius - well, automatic, but a serios eco classic! I'll have to bring out a car carrier, I can only drive one (effectively)!

Sure would like the geo....260 k....how far will those little 3 bangers go?

And I cant believe you still have the Previa!? I really wanted that thing 3 years ago, we gotta work something out on that..not pretty I seem to recall, but as Volkswagen used to say "ugly is only skin deep"!

You are a 5 speed guy, how do you like driving the prius - is the automagic enough to make a guy want to sell it?!

Dont know much about hondas...except dirt bikes....CX and VX is kind of "foreign" to me....but they might be interesting too. Toyota is more my thing, for no good reason.

Guess I will have to take the Greyhound out west, so I can drive at least one of those back!

Reply  Post New Thread