Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Insight has been taken care of regularly in terms of oil changes and tire rotations. The tire tread is good, new tires at about 119,000. The car has 140,000 total miles, 110,000 which I put on since I've owned it, second owner, in 2005.

Additionally, at the end of 2010, a new 12 volt battery went in and also brakes, which were of a quality that they should outlast the car.

The hybrid batteries were replaced by a Honda dealer under a warranty recall, probably about 2007 or 2008. The IMA light that has come on indicating the cells are either unbalanced or the instrumentation is finding problem cells. I'm not up on the battery technology, but I read some forum on ecomodder, a guy who is rebuilding his Insight that looks just like mine, and some comments indicate that the car will actually run without the electric hybrid component, since it has a gas, 3 cylinder engine as well, and a separate 12 volt system with alternator that runs that. Don't know if all this is accurate, but it's the knowledge I've been operating under.

Also, somewhere around 2010, the brake fluid lines were drained and refilled by the same Honda dealer.

The windshield is going to have to be replaced, eventually. I picked up a chip in early 2011 and had it fixed. They did a good job, not even noticeable. Then the next day, one the way home, a rock came flying and did an impact that created a circle shatter spot on the passenger side. I have been driving it like that since, although lateral cracks have made their way to the driver's side over the years. Anyway, bottom line, I still drive it the way it is.

Interior is good, no seat tears or anything, dash is sound, no cracks. Regarding the rear end damage, the rear license, upper right corner above the plate shows a small crack (another Identically positioned on the left side of the plate) and a small break to the bottom right of the plate. But the bumper piece is solid and attached firmly. The estimate body shop guy said he didn't see any other damage except to replace the back bumper panel. If I was to keep the car, I'd probably drive it as is and not replace it.

One more minor ding on the passenger door, when someone in a monster truck knocked off the passenger side mirror about four years ago. I had the mirror replaced by Honda and it all works fine, but the door has a slight ripple below the paint surface, about six inches long, not very noticeable.

I'll send better resolution pics of specific areas mentioned if you send me an email.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
I've decided to buy it. I sent you an email.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to vskid3 For This Useful Post:
UltArc (11-26-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks to EcoModder for the opportunity to find the perfect person to sell my Insight to. What an excellent gathering of minds to sort through the issues of mileage and ownership. Happy holidays to all you Modders!

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
honda, hybrid, insight