Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Too many cars

CRXFi - '88 Honda CRX XFi

Insight 256 - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights

Insight 5342 (no IMA) - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 66.3 mpg (US)
2000 Insight on craigslist

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/cto/4722246102.html

I'm tempted, but I already have too many unfinished projects. I also don't have $1500!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist
Please see the description of this car on e-bay at:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Insigh...US_Cars_Trucks

Here's what it says:
This auction is for a parts car. It drives and is registered with an inspection sticker good until 1/2015, and this car is my daily transportation. I routinely drive 200 - 500 miles per week (and my wife occasionally drives it when I borrow her Prius to meet with clients), but it is ready to be retired with a lot of valuable parts. If you buy it to rebuild it more power to you, but my intention is to sell it for all of the useful parts. I don't want to get potential buyers' hopes up that you can slip into this 56+ mpg car and drive your grandmother to church in it. It drives more like a truck than a Tesla!
Valuable parts include:Engine - 236,000 miles and going strong. IMA battery replaced in 2010 and charges and supplies power perfectly. Body good, paint wearing in front. Tires good; Bridgestone Potenza high rolling resistance. Glass good - windshield has a chip, see below. Stereo system; Alpine CDA- 9887 head unit, JL Audio speakers, i-pod/smartphone connector. Rear hatch struts replaced. Tons of other miscellaneous parts. Contact me with specific part requests.
The following parts wouldn't be reliable as spares for your current Insight:Transmission: 3rd and 5th gears pop out of gear and the syncro is gone in 2nd. 4th is starting to. I go from 1st to 2nd and then into 4th and have effortlessly for years. The clutch slips if you floor it going up a hill (has been like this for a long time). Throw-out bearing: I don't know how it has still functioned. It has been noisy for at least 100,000 miles. Rear sway bar (I think); road pot holes send her dancing, the dealership says the struts are fine. Ignition coil(s) need replacing, and I have one as a spare not yet installed. Front windshield has a circular crack, but I can have the windshield replaced with a new one if the reserve price is met. SRS light is on, and dealership says it is an air bag sensor.

May be interested in barter for roof replacement prior to PV installation.

2006 Honda Insight (parts car)
1988 Honda CRXFi
1994 Geo Metro

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread