Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2022, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red - '13 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
90 day: 57.74 mpg (US)
2013 Mitsubishi Mirage Build Thread

First post & acc here but been lurking around for a few months. This forum has so much useful information and got me quite excited about getting a little fuel sipper.

Decided to pull the trigger recently and buy a 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage, ditching my old Mazda 323. Paid $4000 AUD for it and had 180k kms on the clock, but ran well and compression test showed roughly 180psi on all cylinders.

(A little dusty)

I've had her for a few days now and jumped straight into modifying. First thing was to lose those pesky rear seats and a few other bits like the rear wiper, passenger wiper and rear seat belts. Took the panels off in the back but couldn't bear it so put them back on.

Made a quick front grill block, just black corflute and black contact (think laminating school books) attached with a few zip ties.

Also sealed up that big hood gap these seem to have, found a busted bike tube and that seemed to work nicely!

Wanted to monitor the temps these cause, especially as where I live can get quite hot. Found a secondhand Ultragauge for $60 AUD and that worked perfect! Ignore the numbers on it atm I'm still calibrating the fuel use. Also pumped up tyre pressure to the recommended 39psi while I was at it.

Tried a front dam for the car but found out it didn't like going 100kmh very much! So built a belly pan today and no figures to show but was definitely quieter!

Recently my focus has been on reducing A/C use on hot days, got some beaded covers and planning on making some sunshades, a set for use while driving (mesh) and a set for road trips or parked (reflective).

I've got quite a few more mods (smooth tires, smaller/removable mirrors, partial kammback etc) planned. I think my end goal is 3-3.5L/100km (67-78mpg) when doing 100kmh but we'll see how I go!

Plan on updating this thread to help track my mods, cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to MincQ For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (03-16-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-16-2022, 03:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red - '13 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
90 day: 57.74 mpg (US)
First fill up today! Managed 372.6km in 15.19L which comes out to 4.08L/100km, or 57.7mpg

Very pleased with that for a first fill up, still chasing that sub 4L/100km though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MincQ For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (03-16-2022), hayden55 (03-22-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MincQ View Post
Recently my focus has been on reducing A/C use on hot days
Is it out of question to paint the roof white?

Quote:
got some beaded covers
I remember when beaded covers were common in Brazil more than 20 years ago, as they were supposed to relieve backpain while driving.

Quote:
planning on making some sunshades, a set for use while driving (mesh)
Are you sure using a mesh sunshade wouldn't get you in trouble with the traffic police?

Reply  Post New Thread