EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   2016 Scion tC (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2016-scion-tc-33306.html)

GK13 01-05-2016 12:52 PM

2016 Scion tC

So, I really want to get the mileage up on my car. Is there anything I can do for it? I've maxed the air pressure in the tires. I drive REALLY conservatively. I do all the Eco driving possible. In neutral to slow down instead of brakes. All the small ticks I know. Do I need a cold air intake? Warm air intake? I have no idea how to do a grill block. How much of the radiator could I block? Is it even save doing that since there's no temp gauge? I'm kinda at a loss. It's a brand new car with under 1,000 miles so nothing should be dirty at all. Is there a certain spark plug that could help? Is there a tune for it where it can make the car run more efficient? Any ideas? I can't take the windshield wipers off or the antenna. Kinda unusable if I do. Tried it.

Daox 01-05-2016 12:54 PM

What is your typical commute like? From there we can evaluate what mods would do you the best.

GK13 01-05-2016 01:35 PM

It's a mix of city and highway. Lately it's been more city but I tend to usually do a lot more highway. I'll look into the scan gauges but right now o don't have the funds to drop on a unit.

GK13 01-06-2016 10:01 PM

Well, I thought a scan gauge would be a lot more expensive. But they're really not. So, after getting that, what will that help with? Does it tell the car to be more efficient?

MobilOne 01-07-2016 02:12 AM

New car? Change the oil to get any crap left in the engine by the mfg out. And any stuff too small for the oil filter to get. If you are lucky, you will just have wasted an oil change. Most likely you will feel really small grit in the oil and may see some brass colored filings.

GK13 01-07-2016 03:20 AM

Yeah. It's not quite 1,000 miles on the car yet. Do they have a break in period?

Joggernot 01-08-2016 08:01 AM

Back in the 70s(?) Ford did all the engine break-in at the factory so people didn't have to do the break-in. A law suit was filed because the break-in done by the factory meant that the car was "used" when received. Ford had to discontinue to do this engine break-in back then. How do they get around it now?

RedDevil 01-08-2016 09:34 AM

I don't know about the Scion but the Insights have a special oil that is to be used for the prescribed break in period.
Changing it prematurely for 'normal' oil is not advisable.

Modern engines are manufactured to a high standard so you do not have to worry about debris in the oil, but even then the oil filter would catch any.

Allow your car to break in properly before you do extensive modding.
Read the hypermiling tips on top of the page, air up the tires, enter your car in the garage and keep a fuel log.
The fuel log will show your progress as the tanks go by.

GK13 01-09-2016 01:55 PM

So is really the only mod doing a grill block? Because that's what it seems like to me. I'm gonna try and do that soon with some coroplast. Any ideas how to keep it on there snug but still be removable and look good?

GK13 01-11-2016 10:17 PM

So, seems the car's computer isn't quite accurate. Calculated my own mileage and got 34. something. So, is this just my car or is this a common thing?